Zyxel uses a very popular router IP and simple default login credentials. So if you own a Zyxel router, you can easily login to the control panel of your router. By logging in to the router interface, you can change administrator password, WiFi name and password, etc easily.
To login to the router interface, you will need a device connected to the network, a browser, login IP and admin password. I will take you through the journey and explain everything in this article.
Zyxel Router Login
- Open a web browser from your computer. And make sure it’s connected to your Zyxel router.
- Visit 192.168.1.1 from your browser.
- A pop-up will appear which will ask your username and password.
- The username is always admin and the default password is 1234.
- Click Log In to access the router interface.
How to change zyxel router default admin password
Admin password is a very sensitive information as it can be used to control the router network. It’s better to change your default password and create a custom one.
- Visit 192.168.1.1 and login with your default credential.
- Go to Maintenance > Administration > Administrator
- Enter a new password and confirm the new password.
- Click Save.
- A pop-up will ask you to enter the username and newly created password to re-enter into the router interface.
How to change Zyxel Router WiFi name and password?
Zyxel router allows you to change the WiFi name and password easily. All you need is just your admin login credential.
- Visit 192.168.1.1 and login with your account details.
- Navigate to Network > Wireless LAN > AP.
- Uncheck Enable SSID Autogeneration and uncheck Enable Key Autogeneration.
- Name (SSID) is your WIFI name and pre–shared key is your password. Change which you want to change.
- Click the Apply button to make changes.
How to reset a Zyxel router?
Resetting a router is the best way to revert settings to default settings. If you forgot your admin password or made some unnecessary changes in the settings, a router reset will fix it for you.
And resetting a router is the 2nd easiest task after powering on a router. Here’s how you can do so:
- Power on your router.
- Find the reset button and press the reset button for a free seconds.
- Now login to 192.168.1.1 with default login credential and change settings.
Uchchash is a tech-obsessed guy and the man behind ansmehow. He spends most of his time on the internet. After failing dozens of times, ansmehow is where he permanently settled down.