If you are using Xfinity router, you can change your network settings and secure the admin area by logging in to the admin panel. To login to the router panel, you need xfinity default login ip and admin credentials.
In this Xfinity router login guide, you will learn how to control your own network and secure it from unauthorized access. To get started:
- You need a device connected to the router network
- Any web browser
- Router Login IP
- And, admin login credentials
Xfinity Router Login
- Connect your device to the Xfinity router through a LAN cable. It’s the most reliable and safest option.
- Open a web browser in your device and visit 10.0.0.1
- A login page will appear. Enter default username admin and default password is password. (Unless you have changed the default password, it will log you in.)
Note: If you have changed the default password, enter it to the login form to access the admin panel.
How to change the Xfinity Admin Login Password
The default password is password. Which is easier for anyone to know. And, if you don’t change the default password, anyone connected to the network can access the admin panel and mess up with the network.
So, it’s better to change it. With a custom password, only you can access the admin panel whenever needed. To change the default admin password:
- Open a browser from any device which is connected to the network.
- Visit 10.0.0.1 and it will take you to the login page.
- Enter the default username admin, and your current password (default password is password.)
- After logging in, click on Change Password from the top right menu.
- Enter your current password and type a new admin password.
- Confirm the new password again and click on the Save button.
How to find the default login IP of Xfinity Router
- Press the Start icon and search for cmd.
- Open command prompt.
- Type ipconfig and hit enter.
- Default Gateway is your login IP address.
How to change WiFi Name and Password on Xfinity
Every router has a built in SSID and Password. But, they are always changeable. You can easily change your WiFi name as you want, and you can set a custom password for your network.
It won’t take you more than a minute to change the network name and password.
- Connect your computer to the router through an ethernet cable.
- Open a browser and type 10.0.0.1
- In the login page, enter your login credentials. (Default username is admin and default password is password. )
- Go to Gateway > Connection > WiFi
- You will see your WiFi name. Click on the edit button beside your WiFi name.
- To change your WiFi name, enter your preferred name in the Network Name (SSID) field.
- Enter a password of minimum 8 digits in Network Password field.
- Scroll down and click on Save Settings.
Your router will reboot and now you can find your new WiFi name after turning on WiFi in your devices.
How To Reset Xfinity Router
Resetting your router can solve many problems, such as forgetting admin password or messing up with your network. You can easily reset any router as every router comes with a reset key.
To reset your xfinity router:
- Find the reset key at the back side of your router.
- Make sure your router is powered on.
- Press the key for 20 seconds with a needle. Your router will come back to the default state.