If you are using Windstream connection, you may need to login to the router control panel sometimes. Because without logging in, you can’t make any changes to the network.
Most people think it’s the job of a technician to configure the router while they can simply do it in a few minutes. I designed this Windstream router login guide for absolute non-techies. So, you can easily understand how to control your network by yourself.
Here are the few things you need to have before proceeding:
- A windstream router
- A device connected to the router via WiFi or LAN cable.
- A web browser
If you already have these, you are ready to control your router. Let’s begin.
Windstream Router Login
- Open your browser and type 192.168.254.254 in the address bar. This is the most used login IP by Windstream.
- It will ask for your login username and password. Default username and password are admin and admin.
- Click Login to access the router panel.
If the username/password is not working, look for the default username/password which is labeled on your router.
If the login IP is showing error, don’t worry. I will show you exactly how you can find the login IP of your Windstream router.
Windstream Router Login IP
For Windows users:
- Connect your Laptop/Desktop to the router network via WiFi or LAN.
- Press the Windows icon on your keyboard and search for cmd.
- Open command prompt and type ipconfig. Hit enter.
- The IP in the gateway is your router login IP.
For Android Users:
- Connect to your WiFi.
- Go to Settings > WiFi.
- Click on your WiFi name.
- The IP address mentioned in IP is your router login IP.
For MacOS users:
- Open Terminal
- Write this command netstat -nr | grep default and press Enter.
- Your login IP will be visible.
Change your WiFi name and Password on Windstream router
Every router comes with a default WiFi name and password, which is often labeled on the router bottom. But you may want to give a personal touch to your WiFi network. Here I will tell you how to change WiFi name and/or password.
- Visit 192.168.254.254 and login to your admin account.
- From the interface, click on Wireless on the left side.
- In the SSID field, enter the WiFi name.
- To change your password, go to Wireless > Security. In Network Authentication drop down, select The WPA Pre–Shared Key and enter your WiFi password.
How to reset Windstream Router
If you forget the login password, or mess up with network settings, a factory reset will take the router back to the default settings, which is helpful in many ways.
- Find the reset button, which is situated at the back of the router.
- Press the reset button with a needle or paper clip for a few seconds. When the reset completes, the lights on the router will flash and become stable.
Uchchash is a tech-obsessed guy and the man behind ansmehow. He spends most of his time on the internet. After failing dozens of times, ansmehow is where he permanently settled down.