Whatsapp is the most popular instant messaging app with over 1 billion active users. It’s acquired by Facebook and only available for smartphones.
You can use WhatsApp on both Android and iPhone because it has native app developed for smartphones.
But when you want to use Whatsapp on your computer for some reason, there’s no native Whatsapp app developed for computers.
So you can’t just install WhatsApp on your Windows PC or Macbook. But there’s a way to use WhatsApp on a computer. It’s called WhatsApp Web.
What is WhatsApp web?
Whatsapp web is the web version of the mobile messaging application. You have to connect the web version of Whatsapp with your mobile application in order to continue chatting simultaneously.
Whatsapp web is available at web.whatsapp.com and all you have to do is connect it with your smartphone.
How to connect to Whatsapp Web?
To start using Whatsapp on your computer, you have to connect it to the mobile app installed on your smartphone.
- First of all, visit web.whatsapp.com from your computer. You will see a qr code on the screen.
- Now open Whatsapp app on your smartphone.
- Click on the menu icon at the top right corner and click on Whatsapp Web.
- A wq scanner will open. Scan the qr code which is on your computer screen.
- Within a few seconds, Whatsapp web will be connected to your smartphone.
- To continue using Whatsapp web, your phone must remain connected to the internet. Or else whatsapp web won’t work.
How does Whatsapp web work?
Whatsapp web is just whatsapp on your browser. It’s like cloning your whole whatsapp application in the browser.
All of your messages and media will be available on the whatsapp web. And, you can send messages and files from whatsapp web.
Sent messages and files will be available on your mobile app instantly, as it’s connected to your mobile application directly.
As well as, when you are connected to Whatsapp web, all of your sent messages from mobile app will be visible on Whatsapp web.
And you won’t have to scan qr code every time you want to use whatsapp web. Just make sure you are using the same computer and same browser & your phone is connected to the internet.
Until you log out of the Whatsapp web session from the app, you can continue using whatsapp web.