Python 2.7 has no official support from the beginning of 2020. So, if you are currently using 2.7, you should uninstall python 2.7 and re-install the latest version if you still need python.
Or, you can simply uninstall python if you don’t need python anymore. It’s very easy to remove python from your computer. It will take only a minute to do so.
How to Uninstall Python 2.7 Easily
Uninstall Python using Control Panel
- Press Windows Key on your computer and search for the Control Panel.
- Click on the Control Panel from the search results.
- Tap on Uninstall a program.
- Find Python 2.7 and right click on it.
- Select Uninstall from the menu.
Uninstall using the built-in python uninstaller
- Open the file location where python is installed.
- Find unins000.exe and double click on it.
- Follow the wizard to remove python from your computer.
Uninstall Python 2.7 using a third-party uninstaller
There are many third-party uninstaller programs which offer easy one-click uninstallation. You can download any third party uninstaller and uninstall python 2.7 from the list.
If you want to install the latest version of Python after uninstalling python 2.7, here is what you can do:
- Go to Python.org
- Download the latest version of Python.
- Run the installation file
- Choose your location
- Complete the wizard to install python successfully.