You might need to turn on your flashlight on specific moments. Because the usage of this feature is not limited to capturing pictures in a dark environment.
Flashlight is also useful when it’s dark and you are searching /looking for something. And every android smartphone comes with a built-in flashlight feature nowadays.
You can simply turn on flashlight from the navigation bar, or you can use a dedicated flashlight app or if you are an OnePlus user, you can use a gesture to turn on flashlight in Android.
How to turn on Flashlight on Android without an app?
Latest android devices have flashlight built-in. So there’s no need of third party applications. It only takes a few seconds to enable flashlight.
- Pull the navigation bar from the top of your display.
- Click on Flashlight. And it will be turned on.
- To turn off the flashlight, pull the navigation bar and click again on Flashlight.
Turn on Flashlight with an app
There are dozens of apps in google play store built to enable flashlight. Because Older version of Android didn’t have pre-built flash feature on navigation bar.
If you prefer using an app for flash, here’s what you should do:
- Open Google Play Store.
- Search for flashlight.
- Install any app from the search results.
- Open the app after installing and enable the flashlight.
Turn on Flashlight Using Google Assistant
Google Assistant is a very powerful tool to make your task easier. It can do some basic tasks on command. You can use it to run on or off flashlight too.
- Say OK Google/Hey Google to activate assistant.
- Then say turn on Flashlight.
- It will turn on the flashlight.
Turn on Flashlight on Oneplus Devices
If you are a OnePlus user, you can use a built-in gesture to turn on flashlight. The gesture itself is not enabled by default but you can enable the gesture in a few steps. Then you can easily turn on flashlight from home screen.
- Go to Settings and Navigate To Gestures.
- Enable the Toggle Flashlight option.
- Now everytime you draw “V” on the screen, it will turn on the flashlight.