TP-Link is one of the most popular router manufacturers like Netgear, D-Link, etc. Millions of people from various countries use TP-Link routers. And, to control the network of your router, you need to access the admin panel of your router.
In this TP-Link router login guide, we will discuss how to access the login page, change admin username and password, change your WiFi name and/or password and how to reset your tp-link router.
TP-Link Router Login
- Connect your device to the router network through WiFi or LAN cable.
- Visit 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 or simply type tplinkwifi.net in your browser.
- A login page will ask you for the username and password. The default username is admin and password is also admin.
- Press the Log in button to access the admin panel.
Some routers only allow you to change the admin password. But, tp-link allows you to change the admin username along with the admin password.
To change the admin username and password:
- Visit tplinkwifi.net or 192.168.0.1 from a web browser which is already connected to the network.
- Enter the current username and password. (By default the username and password is admin. )
- Click the Log in button.
- Go to System Tools > Password.
- Enter your current username and password.
- Then enter the new username. If you don’t want to change the current username, provide the current username in the field.
- Enter a new password and confirm the new password.
- Click the save button to change your username and password.
TP-Link router Login IP
Netgear has a dedicated web address for every netgear router, which is routerlogin.net. TP-link also has a web address which is tplinkwifi.net. If you are using an TP-link router, it will take you to the login page.
But, if you still want to find out the login IP address of your router, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows key and type cmd.
- Open Command Prompt.
- Type ipconfig and hit enter.
- Default gateway is the login IP.
- Go to Settings > WiFi
- Click on your wifi network name.
- Gateway IP is the login address of your router.
Change WiFi name and password in TP-Link
When you power on the router for the first time, or after you reset your router, it generates a built-in WiFi name and password. You can find the default SSID and password printed in a sticker on the bottom of the router.
However, you are always free to change your WiFi name and password as you want. And, it’s quite easy when you have the admin access.
- Visit tplinkwifi.net and login with your current username and password.
- Click on Wireless and it will take you to the Wireless Settings. In the Wireless Network Name field, enter your desired WiFi name. Click the Save button to change your WiFi name.
- Then go to Wireless > Wireless security. Mark WPA/WPA2 -Personal. Select Version WPA2-Personal and select encryption AES. Then in the password field, enter your WiFi password.
- Click on the Save button to change your password.
Note: After changing any wireless configurations, you have to reboot the router. After making any changes, you will see a link to reboot the router in the admin panel.
Reset your TP-Link router
After messing-up with the network settings, or forgetting the admin password of your TP-Link router, resetting the router is the best option. And, resetting a TP-Link router is not a big deal.
- Find the Reset button at the back of your router.
- In most cases, you can press it with a finger. Hold it for 10 seconds and it will reset your router.
Things You need to know
- After resetting your router, it will be like a new one. All settings will be changed to the default Settings.
- You will be able to login with the default username and password.
- It will create a default network, SSID and password is given in the bottom of the router.
- You may have to provide some details in order to connect to the internet. If you are using PPPoE connection, you have to enter your ISP provided username and password. If you are using STATIC IP, you have to enter IP, Gateway, etc. in order to access the internet.