Superscript and Subscript are special types of text formatting which are necessary for various important tasks. Unlike other formatting styles, like bold, italic or underline, superscript and subscript are not widely used.
Hence these two options are not visible in the toolbar area of Google Docs. But you can either use them from the navigation bar or you can use Keyboard Command to use superscript and subscript in Google Docs.
How to use Superscript and Subscript in Google Docs
I will show you exactly how you can add superscript or subscript on your document whenever necessary. You will also learn how to use them in mobile apps, keep reading for all the details.
- Open the document in Google Docs in your web browser. Move your cursor to the place where you want to add superscript.
- From the Navigation Bar, navigate to Format > Text.
- Click on Superscript and add texts you want to appear as superscript.
- Click on the line where you want to add subscript in your Google Docs.
- Go to Format > Text > Subscript.
- Add whatever you want as a subscript.
Superscript Keyboard Shortcut for Google Docs
- Click on the target area where you want to use superscript.
- If you are a windows user, press Ctrl + . at the same time. If you are a Mac user, press ⌘ + . at the same time.
- Add your desired text as superscript.
Subscript Keyboard Shortcut for Google Docs
- Click on the exact location in your document where adding subscript is necessary.
- Press Ctrl + , (for Windows users) or ⌘ + , (for Mac users) at the same time to add subscript.
- Add your subscript text.
Superscript and Subscript in Google Docs Mobile App
- Open the document in the Docs app on your Android/iPhone.
- Click on the area where you want to add superscript/subscript.
- Tap on the Text formatting icon.
- Click on X2 to add superscript or Click on X2 to add subscript in your document.
Uchchash is a tech-obsessed guy and the man behind ansmehow. He spends most of his time on the internet. After failing dozens of times, ansmehow is where he permanently settled down.