Sagemcom is a common router brand. And, if you have one of their routers, you have to know how to control the network. To control your network, you have to login to the router control panel.
This article is based on how to login on your sagemcom router admin panel, how to change admin password , change WiFi name/password and reset your router. But first of all, let’s ensure that you have these things ready:
- A sagemcom router.
- A device connected to the router through WiFi or LAN cable.
- Web browser on your device.
Sagemcom Router login
- Open a browser on your device which is connected to the router.
- Visit 192.168.1.1 from your browser.
- It will ask for admin username and password. Default admin username is admin and password is also admin.
- Click Login.
How to change admin username and password?
Admin username and password is very sensitive information. Because one with this credential can mess up with your whole network. So, you should always keep this information private and secure.
- Login to the router control panel using the steps mentioned above.
- Click on Access Control.
- From the menu, click on User.
- In username, enter the username if you want to change it.
- Enter the old password, if you haven’t changed ever, then the password is admin.
- Type a new password and confirm it.
- Click on the Apply button.
From now on, you have to login with your new username and password.
How to change WiFi name and password on Sagemcom router?
By default, Sagemcom enables both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz networks. You can turn any of them off and change the network information, such as name, security and password. To do so:
- Login to the router control panel from 192.168.1.1
- Click on the Network you want to configure.
- In SSID, enter the WiFi name.
- In the password field, enter your WiFi password and click apply.
Now all previously connected devices to the WiFi network will be disconnected and you have to connect again.
How to turn off the 2.4 GHz/5GHz network on Sagemcom?
- Login to the router admin panel.
- Click on the network you want to turn off.
- In the basic tab, toggle the On button.
- Your selected network will be turned off.
How to reset Sagemcom router?
If you change the admin password and forget it, then you must reset your router to default settings. Then you can login with default username and password. After logging in, you can customize everything like before.
To reset your router:
- Find the reset button on your router.
- Press the reset button with a needle or something similar for a few seconds.
- All router lights will flash and become stable when the reset finishes.
Uchchash is a tech-obsessed guy and the man behind ansmehow. He spends most of his time on the internet. After failing dozens of times, ansmehow is where he permanently settled down.