Reverse Image Search is a very useful technology which allows you to find similar photos just by uploading a sample pic on search engines. Giant search engines like Google or Bing offer Reverse Image Search.
Google has the largest image database of the world. You can simply upload a photo and make a Reverse Image Search to find similar photos. It’s a very powerful tool for aware people.
Especially for a journalist. They can use this awesome picture to find the origin of an image and an estimated date when it was first published on the internet. It can help them to avoid fake news on social media.
You can also use Reverse Image Search on your mobile device to find more details about an image from your Gallery, Facebook messenger, or Whatsapp, etc.
There are 3 ways to do reverse image search from a mobile device. 3 ways are based on different situations:
- If the picture is currently on your browser
- Manually Reverse Image Search on Google
- Manually Reverse Image Search on Bing
And. none of these methods will require any third party tool. You can do it yourself right now from your mobile browser.
Reverse Image Search on Mobile from a browser
- Open Google Chrome in your smartphone. (Android or iOS doesn’t matter.)
- Go to the image source you want to reverse search.
- Press on the image and hold on.
- From the menu, click on Search Google for this image.
- It will redirect you to the Google Images and your reverse search will be done.
Google Reverse Image Search on Mobile
- Go to https://images.google.com/
- Click on the Camera icon from the search bar.
- Provide the URL of the photo. If you want to search a picture which is already online, uploaded on somewhere, you can provide the URL.
- Or, click on Upload an image and upload the image from your device.
- Within a few seconds Google will automatically upload the image from URL/your device and will perform a reverse Image Search.
Bing Reverse Image Search on Mobile
- Go to https://www.bing.com/images/
- Provide the URL of the image if you have.
- Or Upload the image from your device if it’s already downloaded.
- It will take a few seconds for bing to upload the image.
- After uploading the image, Bing will automatically perform a Reverse Image Search.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Reverse Image Search using a URL on mobile?
Yes, you can. But, to do so, you must have the public URL of the picture. Suppose, you want to reverse search an image from a FB post. You will need the image URL, not the post URL.
How to get the Image URL from a FB Post?
Go to the post which contains the image. Below image, click on View full size. The image will appear on a new tab. Copy the URL of the image. Or, just press and hold on the image. A menu will appear from the menu, click on Search Google for this image.