Netgear Router login is necessary to make any changes to your network if you have a netgear router. Netgear is one of the most popular router manufacturers in the world. Millions of people use their routers in homes or offices.
You don’t have to be a tech-savvy to login to your netgear router. You just need a few things to access the router panel:
- A device connected with the network
- Netgear Router Login IP
- Netgear Default Username and Password
How to login to a netgear router?
- Connect your mobile through WiFi or your computer through LAN cable with the router network.
- Open a browser and type http://www.routerlogin.com or 192.168.0.1 and press Enter.
- A login page will appear on your screen. You need to provide username and password to login.
- Default router username and password is printed on the bottom of the router. Enter the details.
- Press Log In button to complete netgear router login.
Note: Default username and password will work until you manually change them. If you have changed the username/password, enter those to complete the login.
Netgear Router Default IP Address
You can either visit http://www.routerlogin.com to access the router panel or you can enter netgear router IP address to visit the login page. Every router has a private IP assigned to them for accessing the admin panel.
You can figure out the default IP address from any connected device, whether it’s an smartphone or computer.
Netgear Router IP from CMD
Every Windows based computer has a command prompt aka cmd installed. By using the cmd, you can find the IP address within a minute.
- Click on the Windows icon and type cmd.
- Open command prompt.
- Type ipconfig and press enter.
- Default gateway is your netgear router login IP.
In Windows 10:
- Go to Settings > Network & Internet
- If you are using a wired connection, click on Ethernet. Select your network. Your router login IP will be in the IPv4 section.
- If you are using WiFi, select WiFi and click on advanced options. Your login IP will be in IPV4.
- Open terminal
- Type ipconfig and hit enter
- Gateway is your router IP.
- From the navigation menu, hold the WiFi icon.
- Click on your WiFi network.
- Your router IP is mentioned in Gateway.
Change your netgear admin password
The default username of netgear router is admin and the default password is password. But, netgear allows you to change the admin password very easily.
To change your netgear admin password:
- Visit http://routerlogin.net from a device which is connected to the network.
- A login pop-up will appear. Enter current username and password. And, login to the router panel.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Navigate to Administration > Set Password
- Enter the current password, if it’s default then it is password.
- Enter new password, repeat new password. Enable security questions for recovery and select & provide the answer of two security questions.
- Click on Apply to change the admin password.
Change your WiFi name and password
Netgear has a default SSID (network name) for every single router. When you first connect the router or after resetting your route, you will see the default SSID.
Default network name and password is printed on the bottom part of every router. But, you can change the default name and password to make it more personalized and secure.
- First thing first, you will have to have a device which is connected to the router network through WiFi or LAN cable.
- Open a browser and visit http://www.routerlogin.net .
- A pop-up window will appear on the screen. Enter your router username and password to login. Default username is admin and default password is password. If you changed the password, enter your own password to login.
- Click on Wireless from the left panel.
- You will find the name and passphrase field. Change the name according to your preference and enter your desired password in the passphrase field.
- Click apply to change your WiFi name and/or password.
Recover Netgear Router Admin password
There are two things you can do if you forgot the admin password. You can either perform a factory reset or you can simply use the build-in password recovery feature.
- Visit http://www.routerlogin.net from a device which is connected to the network.
- A pop-up will appear. Click on the cancel button on the pop-up.
- It will take you to the recover page which asks for the router serial number. And, your router serial number is also printed on the bottom of your router.
- Enter the serial number and click on Continue.
- It will ask you the answers of the two security questions you chose while changing the router password.
- Enter the answers carefully and click on Continue.
- It will show you the recovered and you can login with the password.
Note: Don’t forget to enable security questions on recovery so that only you can recover your password.
Factory Reset your netgear password
- Make sure your router is powered on.
- There is a reset button in your router.
- Use a needle to press the reset button for 10 seconds.
- It will reset your router. Now you can login to your router with default username and password.
Some common issues
- Try to use a wired connection while customizing your router. Because, in-the middle of the process, your router may reboot, WiFi connection sometimes makes it harder. But, if you are having a wired connection, it’s much easier to do anything.
- Try to access http://www.routerlogin.net, which identifies any netgear router. Though every router has a login IP assigned, IP might not be the same for all routers. That’s why accessing the web address is safer.
- If you want to change the admin password, enable security questions on recovery.
- The WiFi password and login password is not the same. If you have the WiFi password, you won’t be able to access the router panel if you don’t have a router admin password. On the other hand, if you have a router admin password, you can access the router panel and see the WiFi password even if you don’t remember the WiFi password.
Frequently asked Questions
Visit http://www.routerlogin.net from any connected device, enter the admin username and password. Click the login button to login to the admin panel.
Yes, you can change the default admin password. First login to the router panel, click on Advanced. Go to Administrator > Set password. Enter the current password, then provide the new password. Select two security questions so that you can recover the admin password without resetting the password.
Yes, you can do that. But, for that, you have to know your router serial number, which is on the bottom side of your router. Visit routerlogin.net, click on Cancel button on the pop-up. It will take you to the recover page. Enter your serial number and continue the process for password recovery.
Resetting a router will take it back to the default state. Which means, you have to configure your connection type with all the necessary information. To reset your router, press the Factory Reset button for a few seconds with a needle or something like that. Make sure your router is powered on while pressing the button.
Uchchash is a tech-obsessed guy and the man behind ansmehow. He spends most of his time on the internet. After failing dozens of times, ansmehow is where he permanently settled down.