Motorola is a very old and reliable name in the tech industry. They have some high quality routers. If you have a motorola router, you will have to access its admin panel to configure the network.
Motorola routers have parental controls, so you can block explicit websites from the admin panel. Kids won’t be able to visit any blocked websites. But, at first you need to log in. Our Motorola router login guide is designed with all necessary information you need to login and control your whole network.
Motorola Router Login
- Open a browser in a device which is already connected to the Motorola router network.
- Visit 192.168.01 from any web browser. (If it doesn’t work, see the next section where we will discuss how to find out login IP.)
- Default username is admin and default password is motorola.
- Click Login to access the admin panel.
Motorola Router Login IP
You can easily find your router login IP from any device, any operating system. Let’s check how:
For Windows users:
- Press Windows key and type cmd.
- Open Command Prompt.
- Type ipconfig and press Enter.
- Your login IP will be shown in Default Gateway.
For MacOS Users:
- Go to Finder > Application > Utilities > Terminal
- Type netstat -nr | grep default and hit enter
- You will find your login IP address.
For Android Users:
- Go to Settings > WiFi
- Click on your WiFi name.
- Gateway IP is your login IP.
How to change default username and password
Motorola router comes with a default username admin and password motorola. Which is very easy to guess and anyone can find the default account details with a google search.
It’s better to change the details for your privacy. Or else anyone connected to the network can access the admin panel. Then parental control will be meaningless.
To change your username:
- Visit 192.168.0.1 and login with your default credentials.
- Click on Security from the left navigation panel.
- From the dropdown menu, select Change Username.
- Enter current username and password.
- Enter a new username and confirm the new username.
- Click the Apply button.
New username will be your current username. It will replace the default admin username.
To change password:
- Visit 192.168.0.1 and login to the router panel.
- Click on Security from the left menu.
- On the dropdown menu, select Change Password.
- Enter current username and password.
- Enter a new password and confirm the new password.
- Click the Apply button to change the password.
How to change the WiFi name and password
Like every router, when you set up the motorola router, it creates a built-in network with a pre-applied password. You can find those details printed on your router. But you can change the name and password of your WiFi anytime.
To change your WiFi name and password:
- Connect your computer to the router through an ethernet cable.
- Open a browser and visit 192.168.0.1
- Login with your username and password. (Default username=admin and password=motorola)
- From the top menu, click on Wireless.
- Then, click on Primary Network from the left navigation menu.
- Enter your WiFi name in the Network Name (SSID) field.
- Enter your new password in the WPA/WPA2 pre-shared key field.
- Click on the Apply button to change your WiFi name and password.
How to Reset motorola router?
If you forget the admin username/password, you have nothing to do but reset your router. And, resetting your motorola router is pretty easy.
- Find out the reset button in your router. It’s basically at the back side of the router.
- Hold the reset button for 10 to 15 seconds with a needle or pin. It will reset your router.
Note: After resetting your router, it will go back to the default state. So, you have to change your WiFi name/password, Internet configuration and admin credentials like before.
Uchchash is a tech-obsessed guy and the man behind ansmehow. He spends most of his time on the internet. After failing dozens of times, ansmehow is where he permanently settled down.