Mediacom is a very popular Internet service provider among households and small business owners. Along with the Internet, they also have their own mediacom router.
In order to have control over the network, you have to know your mediacom router login details. Without logging in, you can’t make any changes to your network.
Mediacom offers a straightforward logging screen and it’s easy to access the network control panel very easily. Even if you forget your login password, you can simply reset the password.
So, let’s see how mediacom router login works and how to reset mediacom router.
Mediacom Router Login
Logging in to your mediacom router panel is not rocket science. You just have to know your login credentials.
- Connect your computer to the router using WiFi or LAN cable.
- Open your web browser and visit https://homewifi.mediacomcable.com/
- A login screen will appear. Enter your login details. By default, the username is admin and the password is password.
- Click login to access the control panel.
Mediacom Router Login IP Address
Every router has a login IP address, which is also known as Gateway IP. Instead of using the mediacom website, you can visit the mediacom login IP address and it will take you to the same login screen as the web address.
- Make sure your computer is connected to the router.
- Open a browser and visit 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
- Enter your details and login.
To find your IP address:
- Open cmd
- Type ipconfig and hit enter.
- Gateway IP is your mediacom router IP.
Reset Mediacom Router
Resetting a router is one of the easiest tasks in this world. Because it’s the same forever router. And, it only takes a few seconds to do it.
- Find the physical reset button in your router. It’s situated in the back panel of the router in most cases.
- Make sure the router is powered on. Because, resetting won’t work if the router is powered off.
- Press the reset button for 10-15 seconds. If you can’t press the reset button buy your finger, press the button with a pin.
After resetting your router, you can login to your router admin panel with the default details. And, you have to configure your whole network once again.
How to change WiFi name in Mediacom router
If you want to change your WiFi name or password, it’s only a matter of minutes. And of course, it’s very easy to do so.
- Visit login page using 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1
- Enter your details and log in.
- Go to My Wireless Network > WiFi
- SSID field isd what contains your WiFi username and Passphrase contains your WiFi password.
- Change your WiFi name or Password and click save.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, you can reset your mediacom router and we have mentioned above. Resetting your router will take it to the default state, all network settings and admin credentials will be back to the default settings.
There are two ways to access the mediacom router panel. You can either visit the mediacom website to do so, or you can visit 192.168.0.1/192.168.1.1 to access the login page.