Linksys offers a straight-forward user-interface in its control panel. If you know the admin password, you can easily access the control panel of your router and do some modifications.
Linksys offers two kinds of login options. You can login to Linksys smart WiFi using email and password. Or you can login locally using the router password. We will talk about the later one.
Linksys Router Login
- Get a device which is connected to your Linksys router through WiFI or LAN cable. LAN cable is highly recommended for stable connection.
- Open a browser and type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar.
- If the login screen says, Smart WiFi sign in, tap on “For local access, click here”.
- Enter your router password, by default it’s set to admin.
- Click on the Login button.
The username is always blank. But you can configure the admin password to harden the security of your WiFi network. Here’s how you can change admin password of Linksys router:
How to change Linksys router admin password?
- Visit 192.168.1.1 and if pop-up appears, leave the username field blank and in password field, enter the password. Default password is admin.
- Click on Administrator from the top navigation menu.
- Enter your new router password and then retype it.
- Click Save Changes. Then again click Next to proceed.
How to change WiFi password on Linksys router?
- Visit 192.168.1.1 and login to your router admin panel.
- Click on Wireless > Wireless Security. In some routers, it will be Wireless > Wireless Settings.
- In the passphrase field, enter the new WiFi password.
- Click Save Settings.
How to change WiFi name on Linksys router?
- Login to your router admin panel.
- Go to Wireless > Basic Wireless Settings.
- Enter your new WiFi name in the Network Name (SSID) field.
- Click on Save Settings to save changes.
How to reset Linksys router?
Resetting a router is very easy and takes a maximum of 15 seconds. Resetting will help you to reset admin password as well as all settings will be restored to default.
- Make sure your router is powered on before resetting.
- Find the reset button at the back panel of your router.
- Press the reset button with a needle or paperclip for a few seconds.
Uchchash is a tech-obsessed guy and the man behind ansmehow. He spends most of his time on the internet. After failing dozens of times, ansmehow is where he permanently settled down.