Auto-correction sucks! Specially when you are chatting with pace, you can send weird words due to auto correction. We often find some memes about auto-corrected words. If you don’t want to be a meme, it’s better to turn it off.
And, you can easily turn off auto-correction no matter whether you are Android or iPhone user. In this guide, I will show how to turn off auto-correction in iPhone and Android.
Disable auto-correction in Android with Gboard
- Go to Settings > System
- Tap on Language & Input.
- Click on On-Screen keyboard.
- Then click on Gboard.
- Tap on Text Correction.
- In Corrections section, toogle the Auto-correction to turn it off.
Disable Auto-correction without Gboard
Samsung mobile doesn’t have Gboard built-in. They use a keyboard called Samsung keyboard. Which is slightly different than the Gboard. To turn off auto-correction in your samsung device:
- Go to Settings > Language and input
- In Keyboard and input preferences, tap on Samsung Keyboard.
- Under Snart tyoing section, disable the Predictive text option.
Disable Auto-Correction in iPhone
- Go to Settings > General.
- Scroll down and tap on Keyboard.
- Disable the auto-correction option.
Disclaimer: After disabling auto-correction, your keyboard will still suggest you words, but it won’t correct the word unless you click on one of those suggested words.