If you want to know how to open EPUB files, then most probably your day-to-day PDF reader failed to open the file. It’s not so popular as PDF extension. EPUB is a file format which is mostly used for storing e-books and content.
What is an EPUB file?
EPUB stands for electronic publication. Along with words, it can contain images, fonts, stylesheets and table of contents. EPUB 3.1 is the latest version and it also supports audio and video.
How to open EPUB files?
You can either open an EPUB file by using a software or you can convert it into a PDF file. You can open and read EPUB files on your Windows PC or MAC or Android smartphone or iPhone, if you know the name of the software and converter names.
How to Open EPUB files on Windows PC?
If you are using Windows 8 or Windows 10, you have Microsoft edge built-in. You can open EPUB files using the Edge browser.
- Right click on the EPUB file on your computer.
- From the menu, click on Open With.
- Select Microsoft Edge from the list.
- Your EPUB file will open in a TAB in Microsoft Edge.
What if you are using Windows 7? You can open EPUB files with a software. These software will also easily work on Windows 8 & 10. If you don’t love the Edge, then you can also use this software to open EPUB files.
- Download Calibre e-book reader.
- After downloading, install the software on your computer.
- Open Calibre book reader.
- Add the EPUB file on Calibre from your computer.
- Your book will be added to the Calibre library.
- Double click on the book name to open the book.
How to open EPUB files on Android?
- Download ReadEra from Google Play Store.
- Browse the location where the EPUB file is.
- Open the file with ReadEra and enjoy.
How to open EPUB files on Mac?
- Download Calibre Ebook reader for MacOS.
- Install it on your MAC.
- Open Calibre and add the book from its destination.
- Double click on the book name to open it.
How to open EPUB on iPhone?
- You must have the EPUB file downloaded to your iPhone.
- Open the Files app and browse to the EPUB file.
- Tap the EPUB file and it will add itself to the iBooks.
- Tap on the My Books inside the Books app. It’s situated at the left-bottom corner of the app.
- You will see recently added books. Click on the EPUB book name to open it.
How to convert EPUB file to PDF?
- Calibre is a handy tool to convert an EPUB file to any other format such as HTML, PDF, TXT, etc. And, Calibre is available for Window, Mac and Linux OS.
- Zamzar is one of the most renowned online file converters. Just upload your file, select your desired format and click on Convert now. It’s very easy to use.
How do you open EPUB files on your device? Drop your comment and let us know about more ways. And, also if you are facing any problem on opening EPUB files, just drop a comment and we will try our best to help you.