When we open our emails after a long time or an email we don’t use on a regular basis, we find that there are dozens of unread emails on our Gmail account. It’s a real pain. Because, if there are hundreds of unread emails, it becomes harder to focus on the important emails. And, especially if you want to reuse the email, it will be painful.
All of your recent emails and old emails looks alike, all are unread. To get rid of this situation, you can simply read all unread emails in your Gmail account, so that you can easily find out any recent email.
As always, you can read unread messages one by one. But, if there is hundreds of unread messages, then it’s a real nightmare. You can select couple of unread emails and mark them as read. But, it’s time consuming if you have hundreds of unread emails.
But, you can do it within a few seconds if you know the advanced search operators of Gmail. Here is how you can mark all emails as read in Gmail.
- Go to Gmail.com and login to your account.
- On the email search bar type is:unread and press enter.
- Mark the select-all checkbox from the menu.
- Then click on Select all conversations that match this search. It will select all of your unread emails in Gmail.
- Now click on the menu icon from the top menu,
- From the menu, click on Mark as read.
- You will see a pop-up about your bulk action. Click on the OK button.
- Your all unread emails will be marked as read.
This process can mark as read thousands of unread emails within a few seconds. There is no faster way than this, You can follow the same steps in the Gmail app on your Android or iPhone. Just open any browser and log in to gmail.com and follow the steps mentioned above.