If you want to hide your posted videos & photos from public, you can make your Instagram account private. When you switch your profile from public to private, only your approved followers will be able to see your photos and videos.
Generally, all Instagram accounts are public while they are created. But, one can easily hide their posts from the public from Instagram settings. You can do it from Instagram app, mobile browser or from your computer.
Make your Instagram account private from the app
- Open the Instagram app on your Android or iOS device.
- Go to your profile and tap on
- From the menu, tap on Settings.
- From Settings, click on Privacy and Security.
- Go to Account Privacy and tap to toggle Private Account on.
- From the pop-up, click on OK.
Make your Instagram account private from computer and mobile
- Open a browser and go to Instagram.com
- Login to your account and click on .
- Then click on the Settings icon .
- Then tap on Privacy & Security.
- Mark the Private Account checkbox.
So, you can easily turn your account into a private account from public account. But, what happens to your profile when you make it private?
- If someone was already following you, your all photos and videos will be available to them even after making your account private. If you don’t one someone from your followings to see your posts, you can block them.
- After making your account private, if someone follows you, you will be notified. You can either accept or ignore them. If you accept, your posts will be available to them. If you ignore, they won’t be able to see your posts.
- Someone can send you a photo or video directly even if they are not in your followers list.