A few days ago, I visited a Facebook profile of one of my friend, who was not in my friend list. At the bottom of his profile name, there is a blue pill, which says “This Profile is locked”
When I visited his timeline, I saw a notice. “Only his friends can see his photos”. Within this few days, I also noticed almost a dozen ID with this blue pill, then finally got a solution to lock your Facebook Account.
It’s very to easy and you can lock your profile picture too within a minute. But, before you do so, you have to know, what does it mean by locking your profile.
Lock your Profile and protect your information
- Locking your profile will protect your photos from those who are not in your friend list. Means, only your friends can see your photos.
- Only your friends will be able to see your full profile picture. Others can see the small picture.
- It will hide your posts from those who are not your friends on Facebook, that means all of your posts and photos will be friends only.
How to lock my Facebook profile
- First of all, open a browser on your mobile phone.
- Visit https://mobile.facebook.com and login to your Facebook account.
- Click on the menu icon at the top right corner of Facebook.
- From the menu, click on your Facebook profile name.
- After visiting your own profile, click on More. A menu will appear on your screen.
- Click on Lock Profile from the menu.
- Now if you want to know what will happen after locking your profile click on See How It Works. Or just click on Lock Your Profile button to lock your FB profile.
- Your profile will be locked instantly.
Note: If you don’t find the Lock Profile option in the menu, then it means you are not eligible for this feature. Make your posts privacy “Friends” and update some statuses to see if the option becomes available for you or not.
How to unlock your locked profile?
What if you want to unlock your profile and make posts and photos public? There is a way for this too. And, it will also take only a minute.
- Go to https://mobile.facebook.com from any browser.
- Click on the Facebook menu at the top right corner. From the menu, click on your FB profile name.
- On your profile page, click on More. From the menu, click on Unlock Profile.
- Now click on See more options.
- From the menu, click on Unlock your profile.
- Now, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Unlock Your Profile.
- You will see a pop-up that You’ve Unlocked Your Profile. Click on OK.
So, should you use this feature? It totally depends on you. If you don’t want to keep your public posts/photos public, you can simply lock your profile. Or, if you don’t want to hide everything from the public, you can unblock your profile too.