A few days ago, I visited a Facebook profile of one of my friend, who was not in my friend list. At the bottom of his profile name, there is a blue pill, which says “This Profile is locked”
When I visited his timeline, I saw a notice. “Only his friends can see his photos”. Within this few days, I also noticed almost a dozen ID with this blue pill, then finally got a solution to lock your Facebook profile.
It’s very to easy and you can lock your profile picture too within a minute. But, before you do so, you have to know, what does it mean by locking your profile.
Lock your Profile and protect your information
- Locking your profile will protect your photos from those who are not in your friend list. Means, only your friends can see your photos.
- Only your friends will be able to see your full profile picture. Others can see the small picture.
- It will hide your posts from those who are not your friends on Facebook, that means all of your posts and photos will be friends only.
How to lock your Facebook profile?
- Open a browser on your smartphone.
- Visit https://mobile.facebook.com
- Click on the menu icon from the top right corner.
- From the menu, click on your own profile name.
- Then click on the menu icon again beside the Edit Profile button.
- From the menu, click on Lock Profile.
- Read everything and click on Lock Your Profile.
- You have successfully locked your profile.
- Now, your posts, photos, and profile picture are friends only!
How to unlock your locked facebook profile?
What if you want to unlock your profile and make posts and photos public? There is a way for this too. And, it will also take only a minute.
- Visit https://mobile.facebook.com and go to your profile page.
- Click on You Locked Your Profile.
- Click on Unlock button.
- Click on Unlock your profile.
- Your Profile will be unlocked.
So, should you use this feature? It totally depends on you. If you don’t want to keep your public posts/photos public, you can simply lock your profile. Or, if you don’t want to hide everything from the public, you can unblock your profile too.
Uchchash is a tech-obsessed guy and the man behind ansmehow. He spends most of his time on the internet. After failing dozens of times, ansmehow is where he permanently settled down.