Facebook is the largest social media of this world with millions of photos and videos from its users. But, there is no official way to download videos published on Facebook.
But, there are several ways of downloading Facebook videos within a minute. You can easily download a video from Facebook with a third party tool or without a third party tool.
But, tools has a limitation. They can’t download a video from Facebook if it’s not public. Videos shared with friends or friends can’t be downloaded by third party tools. Also, downloading a video without any tool also has a limitation. You can’t choose the preferred video resolution while downloading videos.
How to download Facebook videos on Android, iPhone or Desktop
- Go to facebook.com from any of your device. Or, open the Facebook app on your mobile device.
- Copy the video post link from mobile browser. Or, you can copy the video link from mobile app. If you are on PC, right click on the video, click on show video URL and copy the URL.
- Now, you have to edit the URL. Based on your device remove www or mobile from the very beginning of the copied URL.
- And, replace it with mbasic .
- Now, your modified URL will look like this : https://mbasic.facebook.com/ABCD/videos/2394306367509244/
- Now, you will see a basic version of Facebook including the video. Click on the video.
- It will play the video in a new tab. Tap on the video for a while and save it on your device.
Best Facebook Downloaders
Fbdown.net is a dedicated Facebook video downloader, which can easily download any public video from Facebook. Just copy the video URL from Facebook and paste it on Fbdown.net.
You can select the video quality before downloading it from Fbdown. As the web tool can download only public videos, they have made a Chrome extension for PC. Which can download any videos from Facebook.
Getfvid is one of the most advanced Facebook video downloader i have ever seen. It is a feature enriched tool. Just copy the video URL from Facebook and paste it on Getfvid.com.
Now, here comes the interesting part. You can download the video right now on your device. Or, you can convert the video to MP3. Or, you can save the video directly to your Dropbox account.
If you are using Getfvid on a PC or another device, you can scan a QR code to download the video on your own smartphone.
So, downloading a video from Facebook is not a big deal. You just need to copy the video link from Facebook app/browser. Then, if it’s private, go for the manual method. If it’s a public video, use a third-party tool to get more feature.