- Deleting a reddit account is a one-time process, once you delete your account you can’t undo it.
- Reddit doesn’t have a feature called ‘delete account’, instead they use Deactivate Account.
- You can’t recycle the username of a deleted reddit account.
Reddit is the self-claimed front page of the internet. For many people, it’s insanely addictive and they spend hours every day on the Reddit app/site. But Reddit journey is not always smooth and friendly.
You have to deal with tons of aggressive stuff and you will often find yourself engaged in those meaningless arguments. However, you may have other reasons to delete your reddit account.
It’s insanely easy and you don’t have to wait for like 30 days to fully delete the account. To delete a reddit account, you will need:
- A browser (Mobile/Computer browser)
- Internet connection
- Access to the reddit account
Though the Reddit app has incredible features, you can’t directly delete your account from the app. You will need a browser for this case.
Delete A Reddit Account in a minute
- Open the browser in your smartphone/computer.
- Visit reddit.com and login to your account.
- Navigate to Menu > User settings > Account settings. Or directly visit (https://new.reddit.com/settings/account)
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap on Deactivate Account.
- Enter your username and password again on the pop-up.
- Check “I understand that deactivated accounts are not recoverable” and click on Deactivate.
What happens when you delete your reddit account?
Your account is closed forever
Your surname will be deleted from the surface of Reddit. If someone visits your profile directly via URL, they will see that the profile no longer exists. Your username will be hidden from all of the posts and comments you have ever posted on Reddit.
Your username will be replaced by [deleted] in every place. Deleting a reddit account won’t delete your posts and comments. You have to delete your posts and comments one by one if you don’t want to keep them.
Because once you hit the Deactivate button, there’s no way you can login to the account and delete those posts and comments even if you want to.
You can delete your posts and comments easily
There’s no option to bulk delete your posts and comments on Reddit. But you can log in to your account from the browser or the Reddit app. Then you can delete individual posts and comments from your Profile page.
To delete a particular post/comment:
- Click on the … icon below that post/comment.
- Tap on Delete.
- From the pop-up, click on Delete
Reddit usernames are not recyclable
First of all, you can’t change your Reddit username. Reddit just doesn’t have this feature. Secondly, if you think after deleting your old account, you can create a new reddit account, then you are absolutely wrong. Reddit usernames are not recyclable.
So, think before you delete your Reddit account. There’s no way back once you hit the Deactivate button.