How to crosspost on Reddit?
There are various similar communities on Reddit. When you find a quality post on a subreddit, you may want to share it with another relevant subreddit. Crossposting is the best way to share a post among multiple communities without copy-pasting the content of that post.
Because when you crosspost, it includes the original post’s metadata, such as the community where it was posted first, the author, title, content, upvote, comment numbers, etc. As well as, instead of saying posted by on your shared post, it will say crossposted by.
Note: You can’t submit a crosspost on all subreddits. Those subreddits that don’t support crossposting will be greyed out on the community list.
How to crosspost on Reddit
The default version of the Reddit homepage is now known as the new Reddit, as the old version of Reddit is available on old.reddit.com. We will learn the process for both versions.
- Open a web browser and visit reddit.com.
- Go inside the post you want to crosspost.
- Click on the Share icon and then click on Crosspost.
- Replace the title if you want a custom title.
- Click on Choose a community and select one of the eligible communities.
- Add a flair or tag if needed, and click on Post.
How to crosspost on Old Reddit
Old Reddit made it easier to crosspost as there’s a dedicated button below every post called crosspost. Here’s how to use this feature:
- Open a web browser and go to old.reddit.com.
- Find the post you want to crosspost.
- Click on the crosspost below the post.
- Select a subreddit where you wish to crosspost.
- Choose a custom title if you want to.
- Click on Submit.
How to crosspost on the Reddit app
- Open the Reddit app on your smartphone.
- Tap on the Share button below the post.
- From the pop-up, tap on Community.
- Select a community from the lost.
- Modify the title and add a flair.
- Click on Post.
Some untold rules of crossposting
Value: Only share something if it adds value to your community. Don’t share irrelevant posts; they will be considered spam, and Reddit hates spam.
Title: Crossposting with the same title is not so effective. You should enter your perspective of that post so that others can engage better.
Communities: You can only crosspost to a community if it allows it. For example, if a community doesn’t accept crossposts, you can’t submit your post to them. So, there’s no need to worry.