International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) is the basic identity of a phone. Every mobile device has an IMEI number and it’s a unique number for each mobile. IMEI number can help you to trace your stolen phone even if the thief changes the SIM card.
But, you have to know your IMEI number, which is basically a 15 digit number. IMEI number could be found on your mobile phone box, under the phone battery, by dialing a number or from settings. In recent days, IMEI numbers are printed on the back cover of the mobile.
But, what if your mobile is old and battery is non-removable? Don’t worry. There are some easiest way to get the IMEI number of your mobile. But, remember, never share your IMEI publicly, because IMEI number could be cloned.
How to check IMEI number using dialer?
- Open the phone dialer in your Android or iPhone mobile.
- Type *#06#
- A pop-up will appear instantly with your IMEI number.
- Write them down if you want.
How to check IMEI number on Android?
- Go to Settings on your device.
- Go to About phone section. Sometimes, it looks like Settings > About phone and sometimes it’s like Settings > General > About phone.
- On about phone section, click on Status.
- You will find your IMEI number, you can write it down for further purposes.
How to check IMEI on iPhone?
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on About.
- Scroll down and you will find the IMEI.
Other Ways to check IMEI
If you have the phone box with you, you can easily get the IMEI number from the box. Or, if your battery is removable, you can remove the battery from your phone to find the IMEI number.
The easiest way to find the IMEI number is by dialing *#06#. It works on any device, any operator and is the easiest way.