How to change Reddit avatar?
Reddit has some decent avatars for Premium subscribers. But if you are a free user like me, you can still customize your avatar to look cool. You can also upload your avatar from your device but let’s be honest; nobody uses their real picture on Reddit.
Though free avatars have some limitations, there are still various options. You can customize your avatar from the website or mobile app.
Note: While creating a Reddit account, you can create your avatar, or you can do it later if you didn’t pick up while signing up.
How to change Reddit avatar on a computer
- Open a web browser and go to reddit.com.
- Click on your avatar at the top right corner and then click on Style Avatar.
- Switch to the You tab and customize your Appearance.
- Then switch to the Style tab and customize your outfits.
- Finally, click on Save to save changes.
How to change your avatar on the Reddit app
- Open the Reddit app on your smartphone.
- Tap on the current avatar at the top right corner.
- Then tap on Style Avatar.
- Then switch to the You tab to change Appearance and Style tab to change outfits.
- In the end, tap Save and press Confirm to update your avatar.
How to use your own Reddit avatar
- Open a web browser and visit reddit.com.
- Click on your current avatar at the top right corner.
- Go to User Settings from the menu.
- Switch to the Profile tab and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Click the Add new icon above your current avatar and upload your desired image from your computer.
The image must be in .png or .jpg format. Don’t upload other formats, as Reddit won’t recognize them.