Hard reset is the only solution left when we face some problems we can’t solve anyhow such as if we forget the password or pattern. Or, if we want to reset settings of our tab. A hard reset will reset all the factory settings to default settings.
It’s very easy to hard reset a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. You can do it in 2 ways. While turning the Tab on or after turning on the TAB. If you are having trouble turning the Tab on, then you should try the first method. If you can turn on the Tab, we will highly suggest you to hard reset the tab from settings.
Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 while turning it on
- Press Home, Power & Volume Up button at the same time.
- Hold it till the Samsung logo appears.
- You will see a list of different options. Use the volume buttons to navigate and go to wipe data/factory reset.
- Use the Power button to select it.
- Now you will again see a list of options whether to wipe everything off your Tab or not. Navigate to Yes — delete all user data by using the down volume button.
- Press the Power button to erase everything.
- It will take a few moments and after wiping you will see a list of commands.
- Just navigate to reboot system now and press the power button.
Reset Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 from settings
- Make sure that your Tab is open and unlocked.
- Go to Apps > Settings.
- From Settings, select General.
- Now, just select Backup and reset
- Then tap on Factory data reset
- If you want to format your external SD card along with the phone storage mark Format SD Card. If you don’t want to format your SD card, don’t check it.
- Now tap on Reset device.
- In a few minutes, erasing data will complete and it will reboot after a hard reset.
It’s a matter of few minutes to reset a Galaxy Tab. But, you might remember some important information before hard resetting your tab:
- It will erase full phone memory.
- That means all apps, photos, videos everything of your phone memory.
- Don’t check the Format SD Card option mistakenly if you don’t want it.
- If you Hard reset the Tab while turning it on, it won’t erase the SD card.