If you are using Frontier, and want to self configure your network, then you have to know how to login to a Frontier router. It’s an easy journey if you know frontier router IP and default username and password.
In this article, you will know the frontier router login process as well as how to change WiFi name and password, etc.
Frontier Router Login IP
Frontier router either uses 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.254.254. Try both to find out which one is your router’s login IP.
You can also find out what’s your login IP very easily on your Windows computer.. Open cmd and type ipconfig. Then hit enter. Your login IP will be displayed in the Gateway IP section.
Frontier Router Default username and password
Frontier router has a default username and password which could be used to access the router interface for the first time. Default login credential is very straightforward.
Username : admin
Password: admin or password
Frontier Router Login
- Connect your computer with the Frontier router using a LAN cable.
- Visit 192.168.1.1/192.168.254.254 from a browser.
- Enter your username and password.
- Log In to the web interface of your router.
Change WiFi name and Password on Frontier Router
- Visit 192.168.254.254/192.168.1.1 and login with your details.
- Click on Wireless Settings.
- To change your WiFi name, click on Basic Settings from the left panel.
- In the SSID field, enter your new WiFi name. Click Apply, again click Apply to save changes.
- To change your WiFi password, click on Security Settings from the left navigation menu. In WPA Shared Key, enter your WiFi password and click Apply.
Reset your Frontier Router
Resetting your frontier router will restore default settings, such as default username and password, default WiFi name and Password. It’s a very useful feature especially when you forget your admin username/password.
A reset takes only a few seconds and it’s easy to reset a frontier router. Follow the steps below to reset your router:
- Power on your router.
- Find the reset button at the back of your router.
- Press the button with a paper clip or something for 10-15 seconds.
- Wait till the router reboots and functions properly.
Now, visit 192.168.254.254/192.168.1.1 and start configuring your router like it’s a brand new one.