D-Link has some of the best routers in the market. If you are one of those who use D-Link routers in their home/office, you need to know how to login to the admin panel and control your network.
D-Link offers a straightforward login page which will take you to the control panel. The default username of D-Link routers is admin and the default password is blank. So, just enter admin in the username field and click the login button.
- Connect your device to the D-link router network.
- Open a browser on your device. Visit 192.168.0.1 from your browser.
- A login page will appear. Enter the username, which is admin. No need to enter any password.
- Click the login button to access the control panel.
Change Login username and password
It’s better to set a custom password for your router admin panel. Because, anyone connected to your network can access the admin area with default login. And, accessing the admin area means controlling the whole network.
You can easily change the default login username and password within a minute. Let’s see how:
- Visit 192.168.0.1 from a browser.
- Enter default username admin and keep the password field blank. And, log in to the admin panel.
- Now click on Maintenance > Admin.
- Enter a new username, select privilege, don’t type anything in the old password field if it’s default, enter a new password and confirm the new password.
- Click on the Add button to add the admin username and password.
Change WiFi name and password on D-Link router
If you want to change your current network name or password on D-Link router, follow these steps:
- Open 192.168.0.1 in any web browser from a computer.
- In the login page, enter admin login credentials.
- Click on Wireless from the top-right menu.
- In the Name(SSID) field, type the WiFi name.
- Type your password in Pre-Shared Key.
- Click Apply button to change your username and password.
How to reset D-Link Router
You can reset your D-link router within a minute. It’s super easy too. Here’s what you have to do to reset your router:
- Find the physical reset button on your router, which is available on every router.
- Make sure your router is powered on.
- Press the reset button for 10-15 seconds with your finger or a needle.
After resetting the router, you can login with the default username and password. As well as, all of your network settings will revert to defaults. So, you have to configure your WiFi name, enter your network details, etc.