If you are worried about your privacy or don’t find Twitter useful anymore, you may want to know how to delete a twitter account. You can easily delete your Twitter account, but you should know some necessary information before you Delete Twitter.
According to twitter help, if you are missing important tweets, or you have incorrect following/follower counts or malicious direct messages, deactivating your Twitter account won’t solve this issue. You may better contact with them to solve these issues.
How to permanently delete a Twitter Account?
Twitter doesn’t allow you to delete the account instantly. Rather than that, it allows you to deactivate your account for 30 days. If you change your mind and want to come back, you are welcome.
Or, if you don’t reactivate your account within this 30 days period, your account and all related data will be deleted permanently.
- Go to Settings & Privacy.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Deactivate your account.
- Read all the information before deactivating your account.
- Tap on Deactivate button.
- On the pop-up, enter your account password.
- Tap on Deactivate account.
How to download data before deactivating Twitter?
- Go to Twitter.com and login into your account.
- Go to Settings and Privacy.
- Click on your account.
- Tap on Download an archive of your data.
- Enter your password. And click Confirm.
- Click on Request archive.
- You will get the archive directly on your email.
Note: Download your data before deactivating your account. Because, once the account is deleted, all data is gone forever. And, you can only request archive once in every 30 days.
Some information for you
- Within 30 days of deactivation period, you will be able to reactivate your account anytime just by logging in.
- You can request your archive of Tweets before you deactivate your account.
- If your account is indexed by search engines such as Google or Bing, deactivating your account won’t remove the search results, as Twitter has no control over them.
- If you want to use the same username or email in a new account, you must change the username before deactivating the account.
- You can change the username/email anytime without deactivating your account.
- When you will deactivate your account, your account won’t be available on the Twitter app or Web version.
- You can easily delete all of your tweets with a single click by using third-party services.
Twitter is a popular micro-blogging platform, which is used by millions of people every month. But, Twitter have some security flaws. But, you may not feel secure on Twitter because your Twitter could be viewed by all around the world.
So, if you want to delete Twitter, just deactivate your account. After 30 days, it will be deleted.