TikTok is one of the most popular social media platforms. It has over a billion active users and due to its intelligent algorithm, people spend countless hours every day on this app.
You may find yourself lost in a loop of videos that matches your interest. And to be frank, it’s hard to control yourself when you are trapped in this loop.
There are basically two types of people. Those who don’t use TikTok and those who are addicted to TikTok.
TikTok lets you use the app without an account. But if you want to engage with others, add videos to your favorites, or upload your own videos, you will need a user account.
If you already have a TikTok account and you want to say goodbye to the platform, you can delete your TikTok account right away.
But remember, once you delete your account, you can reactivate your account within 30 days. After 30 days your account will be gone forever.
How to delete a Tiktok account from mobile?
- Open Tiktok app on your smartphone.
- Click on the Profile icon at the bottom right corner.
- Click on the navigation menu icon at the top right corner.
- Tap on Manage Account.
- Click on Delete account.
- Select the reason for leaving TikTok and click on Continue.
- Mark the acknowledgment and click on Continue,
- Again click on Continue.
- Enter the password of your account.
- Tap on Delete account.
How to delete a TikTok account from the computer?
- Visit tiktok.com from your computer.
- Login to your TikTok account.
- Tap on your profile picture and click on Settings.
- Click on Delete.
- Click on Continue.
- Enter your password.
- Click on Delete account.
How to download TikTok account data?
Once your account is deleted, all of your data will be gone from the platform. But you can request your data before deleting your TikTok account. Here’s how:
- Open TikTok app on your smartphone.
- Click on the Profile icon.
- Tap on the navigation menu icon.
- Click on Privacy.
- Tap on Download your data.
- Select the file format (TXT or JSON)
- Tap on Request Data.
- Once your file is ready, it will be available for 4 days to download.
What’s in the download file?
- Your username, profile pic, bio, and contact info.
- Your video history, comment history, chat history, purchase history, like history, and favorites history.
- Your privacy settings, notification settings, and language settings
How to deactivate your Tiktok account?
If you want to stay away from TikTok for a while, you may want to deactivate your TikTok account. Unfortunately, TikTok doesn’t have a feature to allow users to deactivate their profiles.
However, you can delete your TikTok account using the process mentioned above. All you have to do is to log in within 30 days.
If you log in within 30 days of deleting your profile, your account will be activated again.