- To delete a snapchat account, you will need a browser. You can’t delete an account from the snapchat app.
- It takes 30 days to properly delete your account. After deactivating your account,you can login to your account to reactivate it.
- After deactivating your account, it takes up to 24 hours to reactivate your account if you want.
- Once deleted, it’s not possible to access your account.
Snapchat is one of the most addicting apps for teenagers. Some grown-ups are also addicted to this Snapchat. For some reason, if you want to delete your snapchat account, it’s actually pretty easy to get rid of your snapchat account.
Unfortunately, you can’t use snapchat from a browser as well as you can’t delete your snapchat account without a browser. This function is not available on the app.
How to delete a Snapchat account
- Open a browser on your computer/smartphone.
- Visit Delete Snapchat Account.
- Login with your Snapchat username and password.
- Enter your username and password again.
- Click on Continue.
Your account will be successfully deactivated. And you will have 30 days to decide whether you want to reactivate your account. If you have a verified email on Snapchat, they will send you an emotional email.
But hey, do you want to download your Snapchat data before you delete your account?
How to download my data from Snapchat?
You can download your data before you deactivate your account and once your account is deleted, you can’t get any of your data. Guess what, you will need a browser for this task. It’s not available on the app.1
- From a web browser, visit the Snapchat Account page.
- Login to your account if you aren’t logged in already.
- Click on My Data.
- Go to the bottom of the page and click on Submit Request.
- You will get a link to your data archive on your verified email when it’s ready.
- Click on the link to download your data from Snapchat.
Note: Don’t share the download link with anyone, or else they will be able to download the sensitive data of your account.
What is available in my Snapchat data?
Your data will be in a ZIP format, you will need compatible software to extract files. Here are some information available in your Snapchat data :
- Your login history and account information.
- Your snap & chat history
- Your purchase history
- Snapchat support history.
- Your profile, friends, ranking.
- Account history, location history, search history.
- Term history.
- Bitmoji & Reported content.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I delete my hacked account?
Unfortunately No. Because to delete a snapchat account, you will have to log in to the account. If you don’t have the access to an account, you won’t be able to delete that account.
Can I reset my Snapchat password?
Yes, you can. If you have a verified email address with your Snapchat account, you can request password reset instructions at https://accounts.snapchat.com/accounts/password_reset_request
Can I instantly delete a snapchat account?
No. Snapchat doesn’t allow instant deletion. It’s for user
Can I recover deleted Snapchat messages?
No. Snapchat doesn’t allow users to restore deleted messages. So, if you have done it by mistake, there is no way to restore it.