Kik is an instant messaging service where anyone can create an account and start chatting using the Kik mobile app. If you want to delete your Kik account or delete the account of your child, you need to follow few steps.
Why get rid of Kik?
- There’s no need for verification to create an account. Anyone can create an account without any verified number or email.
- Your kid may get addicted to the messaging app and as there’s no parental control system.
- Kik chat is not end-to-end encrypted. This means it’s possible to spy on someone’s conversation.
- There is other modern social media platform nowadays.
Should you delete or deactivate your Kik account?
Kik offers you both deactivation and deletion. If you want to stay away for a certain period of time, it’s better to deactivate your Kik account instead of deleting it.
Because deactivating your account gives you the right to reactivate the account whenever you want. But if you delete your account, it will be gone forever and you will lose control of your data.
How to deactivate kik account
- To deactivate your Kik account, visit the official kik deactivate page.
- Enter the email associated with the Kik account. Kik will send an email with a link to deactivate the account.
- Open the email from Kik and click on the Deactivate button to deactivate the Kik account.
How to delete Kik account permanently?
If you want to say goodbye to kik or want your child to get rid of kik, the only solution is to delete the kik account permanently.
- Go to the Delete page on Kik website. Remember, you will need a browser to delete the account, the mobile app won’t work.
- Enter your Kik username. If you are deleting the account of your child, launch the app to find the username.
- Enter the email associated with the account. Because Kik will send an email with the link of permanent deactivation.
- Select why you want to delete the Kik account.
- Mark “I understand that I’m permanently deactivating my account and I won’t be able to login again to reactivate it.”
- Click the Go button.
- In your email, open the email sent by Kik and click on Permanently Deactivate to delete your Kik account.
How to delete the Kik account of your child?
If you don’t want your kid to use Kik anymore, you can contact Kik support to delete the account of your child. However, in that case, you will need to provide the username and associated email account to complete the process.
Without the proper username and email, even Kik won’t be able to solve the issue. You can find the username and email by launching the Kik app where the account is logged in.
- To delete or deactivate the Kik account of yourself or your child, you have to know the correct username.
- You will also need to know the email address associated with the Kik account. Because to deactivate or delete the Kik account, you must click on the link sent by Kik through email.
- Deactivating also removes the username from Kik contacts.
- It’s possible to reactivate a deactivated account. But it’s not possible to get back the account when it’s permanently deleted.
- If you have uninstalled Kik, you can simply install the app again and login with your username and password.
- To prevent your child from using Kik, use parental control on their device.