If you lose your interest in Kik messenger or want to delete the Kik account of your child as a parent, you get two options. Either you temporarily deactivate kik account or you permanently delete kik account.
Here’s the key differences between temporary deactivation and permanent deletion:
- If you deactivate a kik account, no one will be able to find you by username, you won’t get any message or email from kik. Your username will be deleted from your contacts until you reactivate again. To reactivate again, you can simply login to your kik account.
- If you permanently delete a kik account, the account will be deleted forever. The username will be removed from your contacts and you will no longer be able to login or view chat history of kik. Deleted accounts are lost forever.
How to deactivate kik account
- To deactivate your Kik account, visit the official kik deactivate page.
- Enter the email associated with the Kik account. Kik will send an email with a link to deactivate the account.
- Open the email from Kik and click on the Deactivate button to deactivate the Kik account.
How to delete Kik account permanently?
If you want to say goodbye to kik or want your child to get rid of kik, the only solution is to delete the kik account permanently.
- Go to the Delete page on Kik website. Remember, you will need a browser to delete the account, the mobile app won’t work.
- Enter your Kik username. If you are deleting the account of your child, launch the app to find the username.
- Enter the email associated with the account. Because Kik will send an email with the link of permanent deactivation.
- Select why you want to delete the Kik account.
- Mark “I understand that I’m permanently deactivating my account and I won’t be able to login again to reactivate it.”
- Click the Go button.
- In your email, open the email sent by Kik and click on Permanently Deactivate to delete your Kik account.
- To delete or deactivate the Kik account of yourself or your child, you have to know the correct username.
- You will also need to know the email address associated with the Kik account. Because to deactivate or delete the Kik account, you must click on the link sent by Kik through email.
- Deactivating also removes the username from Kik contacts.
- It’s possible to reactivate a deactivated account. But it’s not possible to get back the account when it’s permanently deleted.
- If you have uninstalled Kik, you can simply install the app again and login with your username and password.
- To prevent your child from using Kik, use parental control on their device.
Uchchash is a tech-obsessed guy and the man behind ansmehow. He spends most of his time on the internet. After failing dozens of times, ansmehow is where he permanently settled down.