If you want to get rid of your Facebook account or if you are worried of your privacy because of recent Facebook scandals, you might want to delete your Facebook account. But, it’s not in the front page of Facebook and you can’t find it very easily.
Even after you click the Delete account button, Facebook will hold your account and all of the information for next 30 days. In case you change your mind and if you want to come back, you can confirm deletion within 30 days.
But, after 30 days, your account and all activity will be removed from Facebook. On the deletion period, your ID will stay deactivate and no one will be able to visit your profile or message you.
Before deleting your Facebook account, you can download all of your information such as posted photos, videos, status, likes, comments, messages, etc. You can also remove all connected apps too before deleting your account.
Here is the step-by-step guide and all the necessary information you need to know and follow before deleting a Facebook account.
Difference between deactivating and deleting a Facebook ID
- Deactivating means you are hiding your account for a specific time. It could be a day, an hour, or a month. Whatever it takes you to come back. But, deleting a FB id means deleting the ID forever.
- You can reactivate the ID if you have deactivated the ID. But, there is no way to get back a deleted ID.
- When you deactivate, your all information remains. But, when you delete an account all information related to your account gets deleted permanently.
- Deactivation doesn’t have a fixed time period, while deletion has 30 days time period.
How to delete a Facebook account from a computer?
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account/. (If you are not logged in, log in to your FB account.)
- Click on Delete account.
- On the pop-up, enter the password of your Facebook account. And, click on Continue.
- Again a pop-up will appear with a warning that your account will be deleted permanently after 30 days. Click on the Delete Account button.
- You will be logged out of Facebook and your account will remain deactivated for 30 days. within 30 days you can log in and cancel the deletion.
Delete a Facebook account from iPhone or Android?
- Open a browser on your smartphone.
- Go to Facebook.com and log in to your account.
- Click on the menu icon from the top right corner.
- Scroll down and click on Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Account Ownership & Control.
- Click on Deactivation and Deletion.
- Mark Delete Account and click on Continue to Account Deletion.
- Once again, tap on Continue to Account Deletion.
- Click on Delete Account.
- Enter your Facebook password and click Continue.
- Click on Delete account to start the deletion process.
- If you want to cancel the deletion process, log in to your account within 30 days and click on Confirm deletion. After 30 days, your account will vanish permanently.
How to solve Wrong Password issue while deleting?
Tons of people faced this issue while deleting their Facebook account. It happens even if your password is correct. To solve this issue:
- Go to Facebook.com.
- Click on Settings from the menu.
- Click on Security & Login.
- Click on Change password.
- Enter the current password and new password.
- Click on Change password.
- Then, follow the above process of deleting the account. It will work this time.
How to cancel Facebook id deletion?
- You can cancel the deletion process only and only if it’s not more than 30 days since you tried to delete your account.
- To cancel deletion within 30 days, go to facebook.com and log in to your Facebook account.
- After logging in, click on Cancel Deletion button.
How to delete Facebook search history?
- Go to Facebook.com and login to your account from any browser on any device.
- Go to your profile.
- Click on Activity Log.
- If you are on a bile phone, click on Filter and then from the list select Search History. If you are on a computer, just click on Search History from the left navigation bar.
- Click on Clear Searches. And, then click on Confirm.
- Your Facebook search history will be cleared.
How to remove all connected apps from FB account?
- Go to Facebook.com and login to your account.
- From the menu, go to Settings.
- Find Apps and Websites and click on it.
- Mark the app you want to delete from Facebook.
- Click on Remove button.
- From the pop-up, click on the
- Remove button.
How to download account data from Facebook?
- Log in to Facebook.
- Go to Settings from the menu.
- Click on Your Facebook Information tab.
- Click on Download Your Information.
- Select Data Range, and Quality of your data.
- Select what kind of data to download. By default, everything is selected.
- Click on Create File button.
- It will take some time to create the archive. You will be notified once it’s done. The processing time depends on how many posts and photos you have on your account.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I delete my Facebook account without waiting 30 days?
There is no such way to delete a Facebook ID instantly. It’s for safety purpose. It gives you time so that if you change your mind, you can come back before everything is deleted.
If I permanently delete my account, will I be able to login again?
Unfortunately, NO! Once your account is deleted, all information including your username, posts, photos, likes, etc get deleted. So, there is no chance to login again. But, you can cancel deletion within 30 days.
When I delete my account, will my friends get any message?
No, Facebook doesn’t notify your friends when you delete your account. But, your account will be hidden from Facebook. No one will be able to reach you.
Can I use messenger, If I delete my Facebook account?
Nah, you can’t. You need your Facebook email/mobile and password to use messenger. If they don’t exist anymore, how could you use messenger? Your messenger will be deleted too.
How can I delete a account, if I don’t know the password?
You can’t delete the account if you don’t know the password. You will have to provide the password twice. Once while logging in, and another while confirming account deletion.
If I delete my account, will my messages vanish?
Unfortunately, No. But, your username will surely vanish. Instead of your name, Facebook User will appear on their inbox.
Can people message me while deleting my account?
No, they can’t. Because, for 30 days your account will remain deactivated. And, after 30 days it will be permanently deleted. So, there’s no way to contact you on Facebook.
Can I download all the photos I have uploaded on FB before deleting my ID?
Yes, you can download all of your data, such as messages, statuses, photos, likes, comments, etc. To download your data, go to facebook.com/dyi. You can download your data before you start the process of account deletion.