If you have a Microsoft Word document but you have no options but to use a PDF file, you simply need to convert the Microsoft Word Document to a PDF file. Good news is, you don’t even need any third party tools to convert word to pdf format if you have MS Word installed on your computer.
But sometimes you may not have Word installed on the computer, then how can you convert ms word into a PDF? Well, you can use Google Docs for that or there are dozens of third party online tools available there to help you.
Convert Word Document to PDF using Microsoft Word
- Open the document you want to convert to pdf in Microsoft Office.
- If the document is already saved, click on File > Save As > Browse.
- Select a location where you want to save the file.
- In Save as type, select PDF from the dropdown menu.
- Click Save to save the word document as a PDF.
Convert Document to a PDF using Google Docs
If you don’t have Word installed on your device, then you will need something that can do the job. Fortunately, Google Docs is a pretty handy tool for converting various types of documents from one format to another.
- Go to docs.google.com from a computer.
- Sign in if you are not logged in already. Click on the + icon to create a new blank document.
- From the navigation bar, navigate to File > Open > Upload > Select a file from your device.
- Pick your word document from the computer and open it in Google docs.
- Now navigate to File > Download > PDF document.
- Select the location and Save the PDF on your computer.
Convert Word to PDF using third party tools
There are various third party tools which will help you to convert your word to a PDF within a few moments. I will demonstrate the process using a free tool called SmallPDF.
- Visit Word to PDF page by SmallPDF.
- Click on Choose Files and open the word file from your computer.
- Wait for it to upload the document and convert it.
- Once the process finishes, you will see a preview of the PDF as well as the download link.
- You can either save the PDF on your computer or upload the PDF in your Google Drive or Dropbox right away from SmallPDF.
I mentioned the easiest ways to convert a word document to PDF. Now, there are some limitations of each method mentioned above.
For method 1: You may not have Microsoft Office installed on your computer. In that case, you have to use something lightweight and free.
For method 2: Google Docs is a very reliable way to convert words to PDF, but you have to use it on a computer. If you are on mobile and using the Docs app on your device, you can only export a document as Word file. PDF option is not available in the mobile app.
For method 3: These are the free tools. And there’s not a single free tool without any limitation. Though these tools are usable from both mobile and computer, you may see various ads as well as smaller file limits in the free version.
So, only you can pick the perfect solution for you which solely depends on your current situation. I am always on my computer and on Google Docs, so this works best for me.
Uchchash is a tech-obsessed guy and the man behind ansmehow. He spends most of his time on the internet. After failing dozens of times, ansmehow is where he permanently settled down.