Comcast router login is not a rocket science. You don’t need so much technical knowledge to customize your network. This guide is for non-techie guys who want to change settings of their network.
They key requirement of the process is:
- You have to be connected to the network through a LAN cable.
- A web browser
Comcast Default Network Info
At the bottom panel of your router, there is a sticker printed on. You can find
- 2.4 Ghz SSID Network
- 5 GHz SSID Network
- Network Key
- Comcast Router Login IP
Comcast Router Login
- Connect your device to the router network using WiFi or LAN cable.
- Visit 10.1.10.1 from a browser.
- Enter your login credentials. Default username is cusadmin and password is highspeed.
- Login to comcast router control panel.
Comcast Router login IP
The default comcast router login IP is 10.1.10.1. If you are connected to the network, just visit 10.1.10.1 from a browser to configure your Comcast router.
There are some other ways to check your comcast router login IP.
- Click start icon and type cmd
- Open command prompt
- Type ipconfig
- Default gateway is your router login IP
- Open terminal
- Type ipconfig and hit enter
- Gateway is the login IP.
- Open Settings > Network & Internet
- Then navigate to WiFi.
- Click on your SSID network.
- The address in the IP section is your login address.
Comcast Router Default Username and Password
Comcast router has a default login credentials. Without logging in, you won’t be able to configure your comcast router.
This is the default username & password:
If this username/password is not working, you can reset your comcast router in a few seconds.
How to reset comcast router
Resetting the Comcast router will take 15 seconds. After you reset, the router settings will be default, which means it will have default login IP, username and password.
To reset your router:
- Find the reset defaults button in your router.
- Press it with a needle for 15 seconds.
How to change Comcast Login Password
There is no way to change the login username which is cusadmin. But, they allow you to change the login password, So that no one can access the router panel without permission. Because, default login details makes it easier for anyone on the network to access the panel.
- Visit 10.1.10.1 from your device
- Login with username cusadmin and password highspeed.
- On the top right corner, click on Change Password.
- Enter the current password.
- Then type a new password and re-type the new password.
- Click Save to change settings.
Comcast router wireless settings
By default, comcast router has both 2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz SSID. And, the key for both networks is the same. But, you won’t have to use the default SSID name or key.
You can change wireless settings to configure them the way you want to. But, first of all, visit 10.1.10.1 and login to your account to configure settings.
You can change the network name of both 2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz. Comcast router comes with default name. But, you can change the wireless network name.
- Go to Connection > Wifi
- You will see a list of all SSIDs.
- Click on the edit button beside the SSID name.
- Type your network name.
- Click on Save Settings.
Though the key for default 2.34 Ghz and 5 Ghz SSID is the same. But, you can change the network key anytime.
- Go to Connection > Wifi
- Click on the edit button beside the network name.
- In Network Password field, enter your password and click on Save Settings.
Every wireless network needs a security type. There are various types of security mode you can choose from while setting up your router. And, you can always change the security mode whenever you want.
- Open (No password required. Just select the network and it will connect. This is very risky. Because, anyone can connect to the network.)
- 64 bits (5 ASCII characters or 10 Hex digits)
- 128 bits (13 ASCII characters or 26 Hex digits)
- WPA-PSK (TKIP) (8 to 63 ASCII characters or 64 Hex digits)
- WPA-PSK (AES) (8 to 63 ASCII characters or 64 Hex digits)
- WPA2-PSK (TKIP) ( 8 to 63 ASCII characters or 64 Hex digits)
- WPA2-PSK (AES) ( 8 to 63 ASCII characters or 64 Hex digits)
- WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES) ( 8 to 63 ASCII characters or 64 Hex digits)
- WPAWPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES) ( 8 to 63 ASCII characters or 64 Hex digits)
Frequently Asked Questions
How to change the login details of my comcast router?
Comcast router allows you to change the default login password. You can’t change the username which is cusadmin. To change the login password:
- Visit 10.1.10.1
- Type your default login username and password
- Log in to your account.
- At the upper right corner, click on Change password.
- Enter your current password.
- Enter the new password twice.
- Click on Save.
How to reset comcast router?
You can reset your comcast router in a single click. Every router comes with a reset button, which takes back the router to the default state when pressed.
- Find the reset button.
- Press it for 15 seconds.
How to find default network password?
A default password for your network is printed on the bottom corner of the router. It’s a case sensitive password which works for both 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz networks.