When you browse websites, Google Chrome stores some files on your device. Every browser does so to load a web page faster in your next visits. You should often clear Google Chrome cache to browse smoothly. It’s very easy to clear cache on Google Chrome.
How to clear cache on Google Chrome in Computer
1. Open Google Chrome on your computer.
2. Press Ctrl + Shift + Delete keys at once.
3. A pop-up window named Clear Browsing Data will appear on your screen.
4. Select the time range from the drop-down menu. And, if you only want to clear Google Chrome Cache, only select Cached Images and Files and press Clear Data.
5. If you want to delete saved Cookies and Browsing Data too, select everything in the Basic tab and press Clear data.
6. If you want to delete every kind of Data from Google Chrome such as Download History, Saved Passwords, Auto-fill form data, etc. then click on the Advanced tab.
7. Select everything you want to clear, select the time range, and press Clear data.
How to Clear Cache in Google Chrome on Android
1. Open Google Chrome browser on your Android device.
2. Click More at the top right.
Click on History >> Clear Browsing Data.
3. Select the time range, which is really important. To delete everything, select all time.
4. Select Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files.
5. If can delete your browsing history from Google Chrome, select Browsing History too.
6. Click on Clear data.
How to Clear Cache in Google Chrome on iPhone and iPad
1. Open Google Chrome on iPhone/iPad.
2. Tap More at the bottom.
3. Tap History > Clear Browsing Data.
4. Select the time range from the dropdown menu.
5. Select Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files. Don’t select Browsing Data if you don’t want to remove all of your browsing histories from Chrome.
Test is too boring?
Here you go:
Frequently Asked Questions
Cookies are files created by the websites you visit. It’s for improving your user experience. So, if you clear cookies, you will be signed out from everywhere you were logged in.
Google Chrome use caching system to remember images and some other files of a website. So that it can load that website faster in your next visits. Clearing Caches in Google Chrome will delete all those loaded images and files. So, it will comparatively take more time to load those websites.
Yes, it’s a great idea to clear the cache often. Because we don’t visit most of the sites on a regular basis. On the other hand, caches are stored on your device, which consumes device storage. So, removing caches once in a while will free up some storage too.
As well as, every time you clear caches, Chrome will load data in real-time, which will help you to see if the current state of those pages.
It is a pretty common problem. And, most of the times you can solve it by clearing the cache in your browser.
You have to press three buttons at the same time or it won’t simply work.
Uchchash is a tech-obsessed guy and the man behind ansmehow. He spends most of his time on the internet. After failing dozens of times, ansmehow is where he permanently settled down.