Google Docs changed the way I used to write articles. It made the task easier and better. And, most importantly it’s on cloud and I can access my creation from any device and anywhere from computer/mobile.
And, I always prefer Open Sans while writing articles for Ansmehow. It’s my personal preference though, you may prefer something else. That’s not the issue, the issue is Google Docs offers a default font Arial and default font size 11.
Everytime you create a blank document, you have to change the font type and size if you prefer something else. It’s pretty annoying because I write thousands of words everyday for Ansmehow. I have to create a new document for every single article I write.
It’s annoying to change the font type and size every time. So, today I will show you how to change the default font in Google Docs.
Change The Default Font In Google Docs
- Visit Google Docs from a web browser on your computer.
- Create a new blank document by clicking the + icon.
- Select your preferred font from the dropdown menu.
- From the navigation bar, navigate to Format > Paragraph styles > Normal Text > Update “Normal text” to match.
- Now, navigate to Format > Paragraph styles > Options > Save as my default styles.
That’s it. Now everytime you create a blank document on Google Docs, the default font will be the font you just selected. However, you can change the font in every document based on your project.
But the default font won’t be replaced if you change the font normally in a document. To change the default font, you have to follow the mentioned steps above again.
And it will be saved to your Google Account. Doesn’t matter whether you are using Google Docs on the web or Docs app on your smartphone, you won’t have to change the font every time
Anytime if you want to go back to the default font settings, you can simply reset the saved styles. To do that:
- Go to a document in Google Docs.
- Navigate to Format > Paragraph styles > Options > Reset styles.
- Text settings will be reverted to the default settings.
Uchchash is a tech-obsessed guy and the man behind ansmehow. He spends most of his time on the internet. After failing dozens of times, ansmehow is where he permanently settled down.