Facebook username is the unique identifier which is used to identify any person. And, every username can only be used by one person.
Multiple people can’t use the same username because it’s unique for every user. Your facebook profile is available at facebook.com/yourusername.
When you create an account, FB gives you an ID number which is huge and hard to remember. It also generates a random username based on availability.
However you can always change your username and provide a custom username for your facebook profile.
For example, my fb profile link is facebook.com/uxhxhash. I manually assigned this username because it was available.
You can also change your facebook username within a minute. Let’s see how you can do so:
- Visit facebook.com and login to your account if you are not logged in.
- Now browse facebook.com/username.
- You will see your current username. If you have only an ID number, you can set your first username.
- In the text box, enter the username you prefer.
- It will instantly show you whether it’s available or not.
- If it’s available, you can set your preferable username. If it’s not available, you have to use something else.
Here are few things you need to know:
- Facebook username applies for both page and personal account.
- If a page is using a specific name, you can’t use that for personal profilex or vise versa.
- If you had a previous account and you deleted that account, you still can reuse the username.
- If you have a second account and you want to use that old username for your new account, first change the username of your old account. Then you can use your previous username.
- Your username can contain letters, numbers and . in it.
- You can change your username from browser.