Default app icons are good to go for most of the people. But some people want to customize everything on their phone according to their preferences. Luckily both Android and iOS offers app icons customization.
How to change app icons on Android?
How to change app icons on Android without any app?
If you are using an Android device which is using stock Android or close to stock Android, you can customize the app icons without the help of any third party apps.
- Open Settings.
- Click on Display.
- Tap on Styles and Wallpapers.
- Pick the icon shape or make your custom shape.
This option is not available in all Android smartphones. As well as, choices are also limited here. That’s why you should use a third-party launcher to enable more customization.
How to change app icons on Android from a launcher?
A launcher lets you customize your smartphone more than anything else. You can change the look and feel of your smartphone with personal customization. In this guide, I will show you how to change app icons on Android using Nova Launcher.
- Install and activate Nova Launcher.
- Click on NOva Settings from the home screen.
- Tap on Look & Feel.
- Click on Icon style.
- Then select the icon theme and shape.
So, it’s a pretty easy way and takes only a few minutes. Not only NOva Launcher, but also most of the Android launchers have custom icon features.
How to change app icons on your iPhone (iOS 14)
iPhone is not so customizable like Android smartphones. But it lets you create your personalized app icons.
Shortcuts is an app developed by Apple itself which allows you to create custom shortcuts for apps. And, you can use this app to change app icons on your iPhone.
- Open Shortcuts app.
- In the Library tab, tap the + icon to add a new shortcut.
- Select Add action.
- You can add tons of actions, but for custom icons, just search for the Open app and select the Open App app.
- Tap Choose and from the list of all apps, pick the app whose icon you want to customize.
- Click the three dot icons at the top right corner and give the shortcut a name.
- Click on the current icon, and then select Choose Photo and upload the custom icon you want to use. Then tap Add.
- Then click on Add to home screen to add the custom icon on your home screen.
So, changing app icons on your Android/iPhone is easy once you know the right process. Feel free to comment below if you have any queries.
Uchchash is a tech-obsessed guy and the man behind ansmehow. He spends most of his time on the internet. After failing dozens of times, ansmehow is where he permanently settled down.