If you have a belkin router, you have to know how to log in to your router in order to control the whole network. After logging in to the router panel, you will be able to change WiFi name and password, monitor your network or change your belkin router login credentials.
Belkin Router Login
There are few steps to this whole process. I will explain every process in detail. I will also add images to make the details clear.
Connect your computer with the router
Now you may ask me, why am I recommending a computer? Because you can connect your computer with the router via a LAN cable, which is the best way to configure your router. Now what’s wrong with mobile and WiFi connection?
Suppose, you are configuring your router and your router needs a reboot. If you are connected via WiFi, you will lose the connection. But if you are connected via LAN cable, you will still be connected to the router when the WiFi reboots.
Visit the Belkin Router Login IP from a browser
You can either type https://router or the default belkin router login IP which is 192.168.2.1
If the IP address is correct, you will see a login page that will ask for your password. If it’s not your router login IP, you will see an error page. Here’s how you can find your router login IP address.
Enter your password to login
Belkin router needs only your password. By entering your admin password, you can login to the router panel. The default Belkin router password is blank.
If you never changed your admin password, just visit the Belkin router login IP, click the Submit button to log in to the web interface.
Change Belkin Router WiFi name and Password
In my personal experience, most of the people want to access their router dashboard just to change their WiFi name and/or password. Every router allows you to set a custom WiFi name and password whether it’s a Belkin router or something else.
- Connect your computer with the router using a LAN cable.
- Visit 192.168.2.1 or your custom belkin router login IP.
- Enter your login password. The default password is blank and if you haven’t changed the default password, then just click on the Submit button.
- From the left navigation menu, click on Channel and SSID under Wireless Section.
- In the SSID field, enter your new WiFi name and click on the Apply Changes button.
- To change your WiFi password, click on Security under Wireless section.
- In Security Mode, select WPA/WPA2-Personal, In Authentication select WPA-PSK + WPA2-PSK.
- In Pre-Shared Key (PSK), enter your WiFi password and click on Apply Changes.
Your router will reboot and you can turn on WiFi on your device. You will find the new WiFi name and you can connect to the wifi using the new password.
Change Belkin Router Login Password
The default login password is blank and anyone connected to the network can login to the router web interface. So it’s better to secure the administrator area with a strict password.
- Visit 192.168.2.1 from your browser.
- Login with the current password. Default password is blank. Click Submit to login.
- Navigate to System Settings from the left navigation menu.
- In the current password, enter your current password. If it’s default, leave this field blank.
- Type new password and confirm new password.
- Scroll down and click on Apply Changes.
From now on, you have to login with your new login password.
Change Belkin Router Login IP
The default login of the Belkin router is 192.168.2.1 or it can be different for various models. Most people never change their router login IP, only some enthusiasts want to do so to increase the network security.
Belkin router allows you to change the router login IP in an easy way. You can also provide a custom login IP for your Belkin router.
- Visit your current IP 192.168.2.1 or something else.
- Login with your admin credential.
- From the navigation bar, click on LAN Settings.
- In the IP Address, enter the custom login IP.
- Click on Apply Changes.
- Visit the new IP from your browser and log in.
Reset Your Belkin Router
You can reset your Belkin router in two different ways.
- You can login to the Belkin router web interface and reset.
- You can reset the router using the physical reset button.
Resetting your router will restore factory(default) settings. After a reset, all the settings will be like a brand new router. You have to set up the router from scratch.
Reset Belkin Router from Web Interface
You can reset the router from the dashboard if you know your Belkin router login IP & password. If you don’t know the login password/IP, you have to try the physical reset button.
- Enter your router login IP in the browser. Default login IP is 192.168.2.1
- Login with your administrator password. Default password is blank.
- From the navigation bar, click on Restore Factory Defaults.
- Click on Restore Defaults.
- A pop-up will appear. Click Ok.
- It will take up to 40 seconds to complete the restore process. Don’t turn off the power of the router.
There’s a physical reset button on every router. If you forgot the login password/IP, or if there’s anything wrong with the router, you can try resetting the router using the reset button.
- Find the reset button which is available on the back panel of the router.
- Press the reset button using a paperclip/needle for 10-15 seconds.
- Router LEDs will blink and the router will reboot to normal once the reset is complete.
So, this is the all-in-one Belkin login guide you will ever need. Still, have questions? No worries, just drop a comment below and I will answer as soon as possible.